Members of the Arena!
We would like to say a huge thank you to all the tens of thousands of players who played the game during our Phase I of Early Access: Exodus. We had some amazing feedback & suggestions in terms of what needs to be added and changed in the game, to make it even better, to get the game closer to an official launch.
Today we are announcing the closing of our servers until Phase II of Early Access. During that time, we will be working on a huge number of new features, upgrades & changes in the Arena, that will make your experience even better.
Here are a couple of features & changes that you can expect in the upcoming weeks:
- Deathmatch Mode: This is one of the most important updates that we are looking to do. Any competitive games must have a casual mode for players to train, get to know the game, and feel comfortable enough with the mechanics before getting themselves into the competitive aspect of the game.
- Deathmatch Map: We are working on an entirely new map, adapted for a Team Deathmatch mode. This new map will be 100% made from scratch by our talented and creative developers & artists.
- Weapon Balancing & Identity: After a couple of months of Phase I of the Early Access, we believe we know the goods & bad of every single weapon currently available in the game. We are going to give an identity to each one of them, make some changes when it comes to damages, add critical hits, and make sure that they all have a purpose.
- New Weapons: Currently, we are planning to make the Famas a burst weapon. We are also thinking about removing the USP and replace it with a burst pistol. Additionally, to those two new weapons, we are possibly going to introduce the M1 Sniper Rifle & Tomahawk Melee. As we advance in our development, we will let you guys know what new weapons & changes you can expect.
- Challenges & Tokens: We are going to introduce over 100 new challenges that free & paid players can grind in game. Once those challenges completed, you will claim your tokens. Those tokens will be used in the Market to purchase limited edition items & products. The first limited edition item will feature the Anubis Character Skin, available until the end of Exodus Battle Pass.
- Market: We will continue to release a batch of 5 skins every 4 days, but we will also have an official market in the launcher, which will allow you to purchase weapon skins (except the Legendary ones). You will also be able to sell your skins for sparks. Last and not least, we are going to introduce some limited-edition items & products into the market. Those items, you can only redeem them with Tokens.
- Trading: This is one of the most anticipated features. Trading in The Forge Arena will work through WAX Express Trade. Players will be able to trade between each other, as well as put their items in their WAX Express Trade Inventory. Once they have done that, they will be able to sell their skins on opskins.com, the #1 marketplace to sell/buy your digital items.
- FPS Improvement: We will constantly work on improving FPS on all our maps. Past few updates, you can see that we worked a lot on the new lightning, and it has already improved the performance by a lot. We will try to make sure once Phase II is released, that we have the most optimized game possible.
- New Launcher: We are going to introduce a new launcher design. This new design is much more intuitive and user friendly. Your experience with the new launcher alone will be improved, and you can expect also the launcher to be much more performant.
- NVIDIA Highlights: During Phase II of our Early Access, you will be able to use NVIDIA Highlights, which will record specific moments of your game, and offer you to save those videos, or share them on your social media. The Forge Arena have been involved with NVIDIA in a partnership since its early days, so we are looking forward providing our players with their amazing technologies.
- New Installer: One of the biggest issues we had over the past months is the installer/downloader. Trying to download the game but freezing at random percentages. We are going to entirely recode the installer, to make sure the installation process is smooth & efficient.
- Ringer System: Will allow players to act as a ringer and fill in available slots in games that are already in motion. Players that decide to queue as a ringer will have insensitive to do so. Indeed, all ringers will receive more experience at the end of the games. Making them grind the battle pass & unlocking new content faster.
- Reconnect System: Will allow players that crash or having issues with connectivity, rejoin the game in motion within a specific timeframe. If they fail to reconnect within that timeframe, they will receive a penalty for leaving the game. This feature will help a lot with players who leave for no reason and make it easier for other members of the arena to queue with people that really want to play and finish their games.
- Much More! We are not going to keep ourselves from working on even more updates & features. You can expect Phase II of Early Access to be very solid, and a much more improved version of the game.
As you can see, we have a lot of amazing features & updates coming for Phase II. We would like to thank you all once again, and to do that, we are going to give every single one of you some amazing exclusive content:
- Exclusive Chat Icon for Phase I of Early Access
- Exclusive Profile Picture
- Limited Edition Weapon Skin. You won't see that skin in the item shop.
- Free Sparks up to 2500 Sparks per player.
- Free Tokens up to 200 Tokens per player.
Note that we will also give Free Sparks & Tokens to Top 25 in the Leaderboards. Players who grinded the Battle Pass over level 100 will also receive extra tokens for every level exceeding Level 100. It is to note that the Leaderboards will be reset for Phase II and we will introduce Weekly & Monthly Ladders in our new Leaderboards, with Weekly & Monthly Prizes (Sparks, Skins & Tokens).
We will keep you guys up to date on our social media, especially the Discord Server. We are going to need some people to do some testing with us, as we release those new features & updates. Everyone who is interested to sign up to be a tester, please send me a Discord private message and I will respond to you as fast as I can.
Let's make it happen members of the Arena! The future is bright.
Your Janitor in Chief.